***Please note that a certificate of general liability insurance naming the County of Orange as the additional insured is now required for all facility rentals. Click below for details:
Certificate of Insurance Instructions
- Algonquin Park
- D&H Canal Park
- Kowawese Unique Area at Plum Point
- Orange County Arboretum
- Thomas Bull Memorial Park
- Winding Hills Park
- Warwick County Park
Types of Facilities:
- There are eight different picnic shelters located throughout the parks system. These open air picnic shelters are located in Thomas Bull Memorial Park (4), Algonquin Park, Winding Hills Park, Warwick County Park and D&H Canal Park. Each picnic shelter features charcoal grills, picnic tables, restroom facilities and access to playgrounds and playing fields. These facilities require a reservation fee and insurance. The fees vary depending on the location and capacity. Maximum Capacity for open air picnic shelters range from 48-600, depending on the facility. Call (845) 615-3830 for more information or to make a reservation.
- There are six different indoor facilities available to rent for events, meetings, etc. There are two Golf Courses that feature full service banquet facilities and four other indoor facilities located throughout the County. Most of the indoor facilities feature tables, chairs, restroom facilities, kitchen areas and access to our local park system. These facilities require a reservation fee and insurance. The fees vary depending on the location and capacity. Maximum Capacity for these facilities range from 48-145, depending on the facility. Call (845) 615-3830 for more information or to make a reservation.
- Click the facilities links from the County Parks menu above for more information about what we have to offer.
Process for Making Reservations: Reservations are required for all buildings and picnic shelters and can be made by calling (845) 615-3830.
- Call or stop by the Parks Department to check for availability of requested date(s) of interest,
- If there is availability, complete the department reservation form
- Submit payment at least 60 days prior to the reserved date (see Permit Payment Policy for reservations one year in advance),
- Obtain insurance and submit within 30 days of issued permit
- Sign permit.
Information you should have when making a reservation:
- Location of desired park/facility,
- Time frame area is needed,
- Alternate dates,
- Name, address, group name if applicable, phone number, number of people in group and type of event,
- Number of tables, chairs needed (if using indoor facility),
- Will the event feature any of the following; tent(s), alcoholic beverages, caterers, DJ or any other special set-up?
Hours of Operation for Facility Reservations and Inquiries: Facility Reservations and Inquiries can be made at the main office during the following times by calling (845) 615-3830. Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
Policies and Procedures: The following policy is in effect for all groups that hold or intend to charge an admission or “suggested donation” for a concert, music festival, entertainment, shows, rally, unusual activities, special events or other similar event: 1. A Certificate of Insurance naming the County of Orange, 211 Route 416, Montgomery, NY 12549-2420 as additional named insured shall be provided within 30 days of the issued permit with the following limits:
- General Liability (Required for all) $1,000,000
- Automobile Liability (Vehicles on County Premises, caterer’s vehicles, setup deliveries, etc.) $1,000,000
- Worker’s Compensation and Employers’ Liability – As Required By Law
The County reserves the right to increase these limits at its discretion and to amend these regulations as it deems appropriate. In addition to special event permit holders; all caterers, DJs, setup vendors, fundraisers, all vendors including nonprofit organizations and those providing services or goods to the public or those groups promoting a cause on County Park property must provide insurance certificates as outlined in this section for the specific date(s) and events requested or to be added as additional insured to the permit holders certificate of insurance. The County reserves the right to require a Certificate of Insurance from any group or organization whose activities in the opinion of the County warrants such coverage. This includes, however is not limited to the running of extension cords, serving of alcohol, bringing in animals, vehicles, equipment or any other potentially hazardous situations or activity. 2. The group must provide two (2) portable toilets for the day(s) of the event for expected spectators or participants in excess of 200. Groups must provide two (2) more portable toilets for each additional 200 visitors up to 600. 3. The group must provide uniformed security personnel. Two (2) policemen, private guards, or trained off-duty officers are required. Two (2) additional are required for groups over 500 persons. All groups must clean-up and place all waste materials in receptacles as provided. Permit Payment Policy: We accept reservations up to one year in advance. Payment for facility rental fees must be received 60 days prior to the event and can be made in the form of cash, credit card, money order or check made payable to The County of Orange. Tent Policy: Any group or organization that is paying for the use of any building, shelter or other area and wishes to erect a tent 10’ x 20’ or larger must request permission along with their permit request and pay an additional fee if the request is approved. An approved Certificate of Insurance must be provided and site approval must be coordinated prior to setting up any tent. Tents may not be permitted in all areas.
- Tent Fee: $250.00 per day, per tent (2400 Sq. Ft. Maximum). This is a permit fee, not a tent rental fee. We do not rent tents.
- Please provide contract from Rental Company listing tent size(s) and items rented; including dance floor, tables, chairs, lights, inflatable(s), activity center(s), etc.
- All tents, portable dance floors, fixtures, etc. approved for this area is/are for a period of 24 hours. Failure to remove the tent(s) and floors within the specified time allotted may result in additional costs. Any specifications and/or restrictions on set-up will be at the discretion of the Commissioner of Parks.
Professional Photography Policy: Photographers, videographers and cameramen must obtain a Photography Permit to take pictures or film at park facilities. A certificate of insurance will be required and fees may apply. Drones are not permitted in the parks. Call 615-3830 for details. Click below for the Photography Permit Request Form.
Photography Permit Request Form
Alcoholic Beverage Policy:
IMPORTANT – PLEASE NOTE! A stipulation to receiving a permit for the use of an O.C. Parks Facility is that any individual, group, vendor or organization serving alcohol on County property must provide a Certificate of Insurance for General Liability with a $1,000,000 in coverage that names the County of Orange, 211 Route 416, Montgomery, NY 12549 as an additionally named insured. The certificate must be supplied no later than 30 days after being issued a permit. To comply with this requirement, an individual or group can obtain a Certificate of Insurance, referred to as a one day, “special event rider”, through the insurance agency that provides their Home Owner’s or Renter’s policy. Permits must be issued to responsible individuals 21 years of age or older. Unless specifically requested in writing and approved by the Commissioner of Parks, there shall be no use of alcoholic beverages. Permits will not be issued to any group where the age of the majority of the persons in attendance is under 21 years if alcoholic beverages are requested to be served. This policy applies to all permits for any location. It is strictly understood that the individual named on the permit shall be responsible for the conduct of all persons attending the event, including spectators, and must abide by all rules and regulations established for the use of the area. The individual named on the permit as the group representative or as “in charge of event” shall be responsible to insure that no minors are served alcoholic beverages. In addition, the individual named “in charge of event” will be totally responsible and will insure that no member of the group including spectators consumes excessive alcoholic beverages. By requesting the use of alcoholic beverages, the person “in charge of event” agrees to abide by these and other rules established for the use of that facility. NOTE: ALL PERMITS MUST BE SIGNED AND DATED PRIOR TO ISSUANCE.
Groups and organizations sponsored by or affiliated with the Orange County Department of Parks, Recreation and Conservation may use Park facilities (if available) non-holiday weekdays at no charge upon written request received at least one week in advance of the requested date. All requests are subject to prior written approval by the Commissioner of Parks in the form of a Permit and receipt of an approved Certificate of Insurance (if required). Other not for profit groups and organizations are subject to the fee schedules as adopted herein unless otherwise amended by the Commissioner of Parks. Buses: All buses, except local school (during the school year September to June) and senior citizens buses on approved permits, are prohibited from all County park facilities. A $50.00 bus permit is required for each visit to approved areas. Call (845) 615-3830 for permit information. Please Note:
- Fees are reviewed annually and are subject to change. All fees are effective as of January 1st of each year. Advance reservations do not lock in fees from one year to the next. If a rental is secured in one calendar year for another calendar year, the “actual balance” will not be determined until January 1st of the year the rental falls in.
For example, if you make a reservation on August 5, 2017 for a picnic shelter for July 1st, 2018. Your actual balance owed will not be determined until January 1, 2018.
- Use of Orange County facilities is at the discretion of the individual(s)/group(s) and the individual(s)/group(s) will assume all risks associated with such use.