Hill Hold Museum

Location:
128 Route 416,
Campbell Hall, NY

Administrative Office:
(845) 615-3830

Museum Phone:
(845) 291-2404

Hill Hold Museum

 

Character:This stone farmhouse was built in 1769. This Museum reflects the life of the Bull-Jackson family spanning over 200 years.

Amenities:
Museum with Circa 1830 Furnishings, One Room School House, Farm Animal Exhibits, Historic 1870 Barn, Goosetown Gift Shop, Benches and Parking.

Directions
Visit the Hill Hold Museum Website

Information:
History of Hill-Hold:
HILL-HOLD… A Farm for Two Centuries. Visit Hill-Hold museum and see what life was like on a Hudson Valley farm in the 1830’s. This was still the era of candlelight, fireplace heat, homegrown food and homespun clothing. The stone farmhouse was built in 1769 with wide plank floors, handsome paneling and huge fireplaces. It was the home of prosperous farmer, Thomas Bull, and his family. Original furnishings range from a prized old mahogany sideboard to made-on-the-farm pieces. Most of the rural family’s needs – food, clothing, fuel came directly from the farm. The Hill-Hold farm served the Bull-Jackson family for more than two hundred years. Now visitors are welcome to tour the farm. As we wander through Orange County, reveling in its rolling farmland scenery, we can go back to when the early Americans brought gracious living and energetic husbandry to this unique part of the Hudson Valley.

Days and Hours of Operation:
Route 416, Campbell Hall, NY * Phone: (845) 291-2404
Hours: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. Friday thru Sundays
Open: May 15, 2015 to October 4, 2015
Closed: Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day. Last Tour of the Day is 3:00 pm.

Admissions: Adults – $3.00 Children – $2.00
Special family rate, limited to 2 adults and three children under 16 years – $8.00
School Groups – $ 3.00 per student
Special group rates available by advance reservation only.

Gift Shop: The Goosetown Gift Shop at Hill-Hold features books, gifts, toys, craft items and souvenirs. The shop is operated by the Friends of Hill-Hold, Inc., a not-for-profit organization, which aids in the operation of Hill-Hold and Brick House museums.

Picnic Facilities for Groups: Available at Thomas Bull Memorial Park, Route 416, Montgomery. For more information call (845) 615-3830. Group reservations required.